Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, my job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
I will look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.