Ensuring Viewings are Successful
Private viewings and open houses can provide opportunities for buyers to view your property and get a sense of what it is like to live there. Ideally, you will want them to be impressed by what they see – and motivated to make an offer.
Although I do most of the work, there are a few things you can do to make viewings more successful:
- Make sure your house is neat and clean.
- Remove personal items such as family pictures. This makes it easier for buyers to imagine themselves living in the house.
- Find a place to go, such as a park or shopping mall. Buyers are more comfortable if they can view the property without you there.
- If possible, remove your pets. You can take them for a walk, or to a local pet sitting service or kennel.
- Ensure the walkway leading up to your house is clear.
I realize viewings and open houses can be a little inconvenient, but if potential buyers can’t see your home there is little chance that they will make an offer.
Want to learn more about my approach? Please submit the form below or call or email me today to schedule a no-obligation Personal Consultation.